Friday, May 17, 2013

Barry White Farts

Whew!  I know, I know, I have been missing in action.  Did you miss me?  Not at all?  Fine then!

I wanted to jump on quickly and document everything that is going on, and give you a little TMI as well.

I'm sure you already know this but we co-sleep and bed-share with our children. At least, that's what the crunchy parents call it nowadays.  Where I'm from, we just say that our kids sleep in bed with us.  It's what we do, it's right for our family.  Anyway, just before getting out of bed this morning at around 5 am, Ezra farted.  No surprise there, as this little guy has easily passed gas since he was born--no colicky baby here!  Half awake and half asleep, Isaac commented, "Dang, that fart was gangsta!"  And it was!  Hahahahahaha.  It was low and long, like a baritone or base guitar.  "Actually," I said, "it was more like a Barry White fart."  (queue Barry White music).

It is one day before flag football playoffs.  The Headbangerz, coached by Isaac, have had a difficult season.  I think the kids are at an age (3rd-5th grade) when they will begin to make decisions on their own, of what activities they'd like to participate in.  In other words, there are some kids on this team because mom and dad want them to be on the team.  There are a handful of kids who have openly stated they are not interested in playing football next year, they'd like to try soccer, basketball, or nothing at all.  So this is actually not too bad, the disinterested players will be weeded out just in time for next season, and hopefully it'll make a big difference.  Until then, I will be the loudest mommy out there on the sidelines, encouraging our team and supporting my little running back.

So many babies, so many fat thighs to pinch.  It's no surprise that I gave birth to baby number 3 almost 5 months ago.  But wouldn't you know it that two of my really good friends are pregnant and my sister is also expecting!  The kicker?  They are all three due within days of one another.  WOW!  Last weekend I co hosted my sister's angel themed baby shower (it turned out really nice) and this weekend I will not only be attending playoff games, but I will be baking for my friend's Jamaican themed baby shower as well.  Needless to say, my house is a mess and although I will enjoy every bit of my crazy weekend, I will be glad when it is all said and done!

There you have it, that's what's going on right here and now.  Have a great weekend!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Okay Superwomen you need to take it down a few notches; in between all the activities you are involved in, get some rest. I love my new grandson so much; I even love his farts!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line or two...