Monday, July 16, 2012

The Funniest Things

The funniest thing I heard this week from...



My husband: In response to my gripes about looking more fat than pregnant, "Don't hold in your stomach, it'll hurt the baby."

But this doesn't quite beat the comment he made when I was pregnant with our son.  Upon returning from my very first prenatal appointment and giving my husband the rundown on everything the doctor and I spoke about,  I mentioned her advice for me to stop digging in my ears or I would be deaf before too long.  Which led my husband to ask, "Will it hurt the baby?"  Needless to say there was a long pause and an even longer lecture from my husband on how you never know how digging in your ears can affect the baby.  Huh?

My son: When asked if he'd like some Tabasco sauce (instead of hot sauce) for his eggs, "No, mommy why would you ask me that?"  And while I stared at him quizzically he continued, "It gives you a hole in your throat and kills you."  Tabasco sauce baby, not tobacco.  Mommy would never offer you tobacco.

My daughter:  When asked if she liked my homemade, grass-fed beef lasagna with spinach and lots of fresh veggies, "Not really."  I didn't bother to ask why, my ego had been beaten and bruised enough as it was, I was in no shape to ask any more questions.

These are just a few of the funnies, there will be more!  I love my life...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line or two...