Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Brown Suga'

Good morning sunshine!
Rise and shine, this is your day
The day the Lord set aside for a lot of little magic
to come our way
You're an awesome little piece of what happiness should be
You're an awesome little reminder
That love can set us free
You are all that mommy and daddy ever hoped you be
and more...
Happy, HAPPY birthday my love
I can't wait to find what all your heart has in store.

Here I sit at my computer, pregnant again as I was six years ago to the day.  Six years ago I was writhing in pain, regretting the African dance class I had taken the day before, yet still managed to pull myself out of bed and get on with the day.  That day I was determined I would finally get everything done that needed to be done.  I'd drop my car to get it detailed, drop clothes at the cleaners, take your brother to tumbling class, and do laundry.  Yep, that was my plan.  Little did I know that in less than ten hours I'd be laboring, in less than fourteen hours I'd be pushing, and in less than seventeen hours I'd be cuddling you.


The car would have to wait, thank you Mel Rapton Honda for locking it up and keeping it safe at night (smile).  The clothes were days away from being thrown into the "abandoned" pile at the cleaners when I finally dragged myself in to retrieve them (milk stained t-shirt, frumpy outfit, unkempt hair and all).  But nothing mattered, not the laundry, the car, the clothes at the cleaners--nothing.  My angel had arrived!

And you are loved my dear.

love, mommy.
xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line or two...