Monday Tidbits, anyone?
- For the last 13 years, Isaac and I have slept on the same mattress. It has moved with us from house to house to house to house (yep, four homes) and outlasted all the jumping, forward flips, baby spit up, leaked breast milk, and pee-pee one bed can stand. The time to lay the mattress to rest came and passed and yes, we kept on sleeping on it. Waking up with sore muscles and crooked necks, we had to do something! So, one divorce and $400 later, we have a new and much firmer mattress. Meaning; we purchased a brand new mattress from a lady whose husband moved on to younger "thangs." She had sold her home and needed to get rid of everything inside, and fast.
- But, here's the thing, the exception, the caveat: the mattress is (gulp) firm. And when I say firm, I mean rock solid, firm. The great thing is that I wake up feeling refreshed and overall, more aligned. I feel cool and a lot more comfortable sleeping on this mattress as well, but it is one hard mutha sucka! It'll just take some getting used to, I know. But, how does one sleep on cement?
- My son's first football game of the season is this coming Saturday and I am JUICED! I am that mom who once ran alongside my son for a touchdown and had to hold back from doing a really embarrassing dance at the end zone. I could have scarred him for life with that one.
- I need to work on patience. Many things happened last week that revealed this "fun" fact to me. Actually, I need to learn how to relax, even if my world is spiraling out of control and the latest episode of Sons of Anarchy was deleted by accident.
- And finally, a very random thought...
|What I think I look like with my sisterlocks...|
|What I actually look like...|
Later gators! xoxo